Saturday, September 5, 2009

Palm Vehicle Power Charger for Palm Pre

Palm Vehicle Power Charger for Palm Pre

Price: $18.99
Manufacturer: PALM
Buy from amazon.com

This small, sleek car charger includes a removable 2.5 foot microUSB cable for easy storage. So when you get where you're going, you can easily store it out of sight.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #62 in Cell Phone Accessories
  • Brand: Palm
  • Model: 3453WW
  • Dimensions: .0" h x .0" w x .0" l, .15 pounds
  • Palm Pre, Palm Centro, Treo 800w, Treo Pro, Treo 755p,750,700p,700w,700wx, 680,650, Palm T|X, LifeDrive, Tungsten E2,T5

Product Reviews

Works with Touchstone on my Pre in the car!!!
This Palm charging cord will provide enough current to power the Touchstone charging dock in your vehicle. I initially tried this with a (top quality) Motorola micro USB car cord, and the charging cycled on and off continually (like every second!!!). There is a difference between cords, apparently, and the Touchstone system does require a higher current flow. I know that there are other cords that advertise high rate charging, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Micro USB charger
Several nice features about this charger.

1. It is a USB cable that plugs into a car charger. I can thus take the cable out of my car and bring it into work and charge using my work desktop computer in case the battery is running low.

2. It works with my Motorola H710 headset. Now I don't have to fumble around changing the chargers while driving. I only have to have one charger plugged into the outlet.

3. There is an additional adapter that plugs into the micro usb port that allows one to charge a palm T/X. I can now remove the charger from my car for the palm T/X. Only one charger in the car!!! I still use my palm T/X as my MP3 player and for various other things. Anyone who has a palm pre knows how bad the battery sucks.

4. The price. I got mine for $20.83. Don't know what it is going for now, but I saved $10 off buying this in the store.

I'm very happy with the charger. I wish the battery on the pre didn't suck so bad, but that's not the chargers fault. Five stars

Must have to the Pre
I got this charger after waiting for almost a month. I'd say it was definitely worth it. Packaging was great. Earler, I purchased sprint's charger for Pre. It looked so ugly, the big Sprint logo lighting up with the bright yellow color was such a turn off. Palm's charger looks awesome. The white LED makes it look different and graceful than a cheap $5 charger. Best thing about it is you can take the wire out and use it to charge just about anything with a USB charger. I haven't tried it on my Zune, but I'm pretty sure it should work for that. Another helpful tip is that lets say you are at your friends place, and you want to copy some mp3s, just take the usb cord from your car and use it to transfer files. Its really handy to have it with you all the time.
Charging speed is great. Its faster than touchstone. I play music on Pandora while charging it. Works without any issue.
If you own Palm Pre, this is the charger you should get !!


0 comments:

Post a Comment