Tuesday, September 1, 2009

MOBI 70081 Universal GPS Lighter Charger

MOBI 70081 Universal GPS Lighter Charger

Price: $16.28
Manufacturer: MOBI Technologies, Inc.
Buy from amazon.com

Universal Lighter/Accessory Charger with Smart Chip charges any recent Major Brand GPS unit from your cigarette Lighter outlet.

Information

  • Brand: Mobi
  • Model: 70081
  • Dimensions: 7.50" h x 6.00" w x 2.75" l, 1.00 pounds
  • Car Cord With Mini-Usb Connection Allows Charging & Using Of A Gps Unit Simultaneously
  • Smart Chip Technology Makes Charger Compatible With The Latest & Most Popular Gps Receivers
  • Small & Lightweight easy To Transport
  • Compatible With Most Popular Gps Receivers

Product Reviews

Great price
I'm always using my Garmin for work,so when I lost my car charger I was very disappointed. I didn't want to spend $25-30 for a Garmin car charger, so I bought this one. Works great very happy.

Good Purchase
I was looking for a GPS car charger after the one I had for my Mitac Mio P550 disintegrated (the rubber simply started peeling off) and was eventually discontinued. I purchased this one on Amazon.com for $10 and am very happy to have done so. First and foremost it works with my GPS unit. Secondly, it actually looks and feels more solid than the original one (but only time will tell if it really is) and was purchased for less than half the price. The specifications sheet indicates that it charges a 1100mAh extended battery in less than 2 hours and a 600mAh standard battery in less than 1 (I haven't tested that though). It also states that it has an "intelligent switching circuit" that will recognize a full battery and switch over into saver mode. This means that the plug will not overheat or overcharge a battery. The LED charging indicator isn't too bright and shouldn't distract you. The charger part fits snugly into our car's cigarette lighter socket and doesn't look like it may pop out or anything (this is important as we will be using it mostly in Africa on rough terrain). I feared that the cord itself may be slightly on the short side but it turned out to be just the right length to connect to a windshield mounted GPS unit on a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. All in all, a good purchase.


0 comments:

Post a Comment