Sunday, August 9, 2009

Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for Microsoft Zune and Zune HD MP3 Players - Manufactured by Accessory Power

Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for Microsoft Zune and Zune HD MP3 Players - Manufactured by Accessory Power

Price: $34.99
Manufacturer: Accessory Power
Buy from amazon.com



Information

  • Brand: Accessory Power
  • Superior Mount design combines 3 most important features in just one unit
  • Bendable Flexible Neck makes it suitable for any holder position in your vehicle
  • Transmitter features LCD screen and best quality sound in today's FM transmitter technology
  • Simple to use: plug into cigaretter lighter adapter -charge and play; Color: Black
  • Includes a compatible cable for charging Zune & a USB cable to charge mobile phones, MP3, PDAs and other USB enabled devices

Product Reviews

Finally a good transmitter for my Zune !!!!!!
I have a transmitter for my iphone that works very well, but I carry the bulk of my music on my Zune 120 GB. At first the unit seemed a little large for my little Zune, but I think the size really helps to keep the unit secure and protected. Here are the pros and cons as I see them:

Pros:
- The FM transmitter works VERY well.
- The neck is adjustable so my passenger can flex the unit
over towards them to hijack my music if necessary (Not sure
if that is a pro or a con?)
- The unit will automatically find a static free station
for you
- My Zune is safe and secure
- My Zune is fully charged when I arrive at my destination

Cons:
- No off/on button.
- Not CD quality, but no FM transmitter is.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a Zune.

Fantastic gizmo!
So, here's a tip: this thing works for any audio device with a headphone jack, not just a Zune! I got mine this week, and it got its first test run today on a 2-hour trip to visit family. My Zune's on the fritz, so I experimented with plugging in my smaller Sansa e250, and it worked like a charm!

If you look around, you'll find lots of people noting that FM transmitters never have sound as flawless as a CD. Now, if you're like me, you might've wondered just what the heck that means. What standards are they going by? Well, I'm not an audio snob. I just want to be able to hear my music clearly. I don't care if it sounds crystal-clear to a trained ear, and in a car there's always some ambient noise so as far as I'm concerned there's no sense worrying whether it's perfect anyway. I'm told that in major metropolitan areas where the airwaves are crowded, FM transmitters don't necessarily work very well, but I live in a rural/suburban area (central Pennsylvania), and for the majority of my trip, my music was clear as a bell. Circling a couple of more urban areas, I got a hint of static around the edges--nothing major, but a bit of spitting. I might've been able to find a channel with less interference, but I didn't bother trying to adjust to a clearer channel, since it never got very bad and I knew it wasn't going to last very long anyway.

I don't know what the performance of other FM transmitters is like, but this one is a keeper! I am very satisfied!

Disappointing
I am an avid Zune user, and I have to say that I'm envious over the breath of accessories that is offered by companies supporting the iPod family of products.

This product, when I read the description, was exactly what I was looking for, FM transmitter, holds my player, done! So, when I got the dock and opened the package, I was very disappointed to so that this wasn't a Zune specific product. It just comes with a shorter Zune USB connection. I guess this is good news if you want to use, say a Samsung player....but I don't.

1) The facts, the arm is too long to support the weight of a Zune120. I just flops over like you shot and killed the thing.
2) The FM transmitter, is ok...but it still is the worst possible connection you can use with a digital device. I was traveling, and had to constantly play with the radio settings. Hint, not something that should be done at 65 miles and hour.
3) Very disappointed that the Zune connection wasn't built into the base of the holder. Instead you have to hook-up the USN connection to keep charged (only way screen will stay lit) and you have to connect a ear phone plug to the player that goes to the FM transmitter. Wires everywhere!

The bottom line, I got this unit to give me a clean solution for my beloved Zune120. What I got was a pole of wires banging all over my dash.

I would love to say that this is the Zune accessory to own, but it is clearly not. Can someone please get Belkin and Griffen back in the Zune accessory business! I'm going to hope, and pray, that the ZuneHD bring some of the manufactures back.


0 comments:

Post a Comment